Skeleton Bay and Beyond - What Surf Dreams Are Made Of
14-DAY SKELETON BAY TO CAPE TOWN SURF TRIP
Intermediate to advanced skill level only.
Minimum age is 18yrs old.
Maximum pax 3 people.
This 14-day Skeleton Bay surf trip is the stuff dreams are made of. The tour runs between Namibia, on the far West Coast of Africa, and the iconic Cape Town, South Africa.
Skeleton Bay needs no introduction to any seasoned surfer with dreams of a minute-long barrel. Your trip starts when you receive a swell alert from South Africa Surf Tours, and book your last-minute plane ticket. This could require dropping anything, and anyone to score the wave of your life.
Ru, the founder of Saffa Surf Tours will pick you up from Windhoek or Walvis Bay airport in Namibia when you arrive. Once you get to Donkey Bay, you’ll eagerly wait for the swell to arrive, bringing along with it the best wave you’ll ever lay your eyes on.
The conditions are very fickle in Skeleton Bay. If the swell is not big enough, it does not break. When the swell does get big enough, however, it could last for up to two days- sometimes three days if your karma very, very good.
Once you’re surfed out, your body is broken, and the swell has dissipated, we’ll head back to Cape Town. The drive will take 24 hours, which will give you enough time to recover before being greeted by a completely different variety of impressive waves.
The trip is 14 days in total, with all accommodation and road transport, and more included. With knowledge from your experienced local guide every step of the way, you are guaranteed to get your dream African barrel. Expect empty line-ups, good times, cold water & cold beer.
In between pumping waves, you’ll see some of Africa’s much-talked about raw beauty, mind-blowing landscapes and incredible wildlife.
Departure & Return Location Walvis Bay or Windhoek Airport
We’ll send you a swell alert when conditions look promising, and your trip will likely take place within 1 week of the alert.
- Airport transfers (arrival & departure)
- Experienced local guide throughout your trip
- Comfortable 4x4 transport throughout your trip
- Petrol & road taxes
- 7 Nights' accommodation in our Surf Lodge in the Overberg
- 4 Nights' accommodation in Namibia
- 2 Nights' B&B accommodation in Cape Town
- All breakfasts
- All Dinners
- Fully stocked beer fridge
- Free wifi at accommodation
- 2 x Dinner braais (traditional South African BBQ)
- Daily cleaning service at Saffa Surf Lodge
- Optional guided hike/ nature walk including snacks & refreshments
- Surf guide to the best beaches & surf spots
- Snacks & refreshments while driving
- Wildlife safari game drive
- Flights and visas
- Additional add-ons can be arranged upon request
- Any Private Expenses
- Surf equipment rentals can be arranged upon request
Not suitable for beginners. 15% discount.